Friday, June 19, 2009

Naughty Monkey at Uluwatu - Part 1


Do you think this guy needs glasses? I don't think so. He's one of so many naughty monkey at Uluwatu, Bali. They quietly like to follow visitors of Uluwatu and quickly grab small things they can grab from the visitors. The most annoying is they understand how important the things to you. Once they grab it they will run away until you come with the monkey tamer to trade in your things. Don't expect you can trade in value things or important thing with just peanuts, they wont trade in. For above glasses the monkey asking for eggs. What a monkey....

8 komentar:

AB said...

Charming! Remind me to wear contact lenses, if I ever visit Bali.

Anak Dokan said...

Hi AB: you wont necessarily find monkeys at any area in Bali. It's just at certain places only like Uluwatu, Monkey Forest and Alas Kedaton. Don't worry, Bali is still paradise after all :).

Deadella_Iskandar said...

Fun info...

I think those monkey are not naughty monkeys but smart and funky monkey ^^

Anak Dokan said...

@ Star's Zone: ya, they're indeed smart, but annoying too :).

yevisha said...

i'm scared of monkeys. they climb on you. the secret is not to take food in because they always know. yes, naughty monkeys. :)

Anonymous said...

I have a similar experience. Monkey sneaked up on me and snatched my glasses. However, 1 local guy was nearby and tried to barter trade using a banana. However, monkey ignored him - local guy then shouted at the monkey and it prompted dropped my glasses. Local guy picked my glasses up and demanded 50,000 Rp for the return. The whole thing looked staged - monkeys are trained or perhaps conditioned to steal in such a sacred place - what a shame!!!

Anak Dokan said...

My dear visitors: I'm so sorry that it's been a long time I left this blog and never respond to your comment. I thank you very much for your visit and comment. Hope I could start to post again regularly soon and hope you could always enjoy this blog.

Yevisha: yes, those monkeys climb on you. They tried to climb on me and I immediately ran away :)

Anonymous said...

dont worry-only monkey in uluwatu,they are well trained.you will see an old lady or an old man helping u ger ur things back,but want you to pay in return...they take anything they can, eg.slippers, glasses, hairband whatever possible...